Carrera 12 Dato
The Carrera 12 Dato is one of the most sought-after of the vintage Heuer chronographs. Some interesting facts about the Carrera 12 Dato:
- first catalog appearance is circa 1968; here is page from 1968 Chronosport catalog
- called the "Carrera 12 Dato", the name "Carrera" does not appear on the dial, and the Dato does not use the Carrera case; note difference in the lugs
- rarest model has white dial, with black registers; next is the black dial with white registersl; white-on-white is most common version
- the Carrera 12 Datos use a unique case that is designed to be opened from the front, by removing the crystal. The case-back can be removed, but the movement is generally accessed from the front.
- Heuer made the "Poor Man's" versions for Zodiac and Clebar; white-on-black Clebar is almost idential to the Heuer; white-on-white Clebar uses distinctive case
- all models are powered by the Valjoux 72c